What is the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)?
- Federally funded program administered by Glen Cove Community Development Agency, City of Glen Cove Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Provides housing assistance to eligible families
- Subsidy provided for a portion of each tenant’s monthly rent
- The landlord is paid directly and promptly
- Glen Cove Housing Choice Vouchers receive additional HUD 10% exception, due to higher area market rents as follows: Studio: $1,477; 1BR: $1,824; 2BR: $2,238; 3BR: $2,866; 4BR: $3,185 (minus the utility allowances). These rents go into effect 11/1/2020.
- For further information and to be included on the Glen Cove Section 8 Landlord List, call (516) 676-1625 or via email at email@example.com
- To increase landlord participation and create new housing opportunities for households with vouchers, Glen Cove Housing Choice Voucher program is offering landlords $1,500 for their first new unit with the program. Thereafter, landlords will receive $500 for every new unit leased with the program.
- Current participating landlords are eligible for the $500 incentive for each new unit leased with the program.
- Incentive is available until Federal Cares Act funding is exhausted. Incentive to be paid upon participant moving into the unit, subject to